The opening day of Chester’s Boodles May Festival dominates proceedings on an exciting Wednesday of action on Sky Sports Racing.
Cazoo Derby and Oaks hopefuls will test their Classic credentials throughout the afternoon, with the feature Boodles Chester Vase (3:10) including Godolphin’s New London – who has been well-backed for Derby success in recent days – and Aidan O’Brien’s Changingoftheguard.
The Ballydoyle handler is going in search of a 10th victory in the race, and faces two other rivals in the shape of Berkshire Rebel and Savvy Victory.
- Owen: Hugo Palmer can be Champion Trainer
- Commonwealth Cup likely aim for Perfect Power
Chester May Festival LIVE!
Watch every race of the Chester May Festival live on Sky Sports Racing, Wednesday May 4 to Friday May 6
In the Listed Cheshire Oaks (2:40), it has a competitive look to the race as Joseph O’Brien chases more big-race success with Above The Curve, having landed the Prix Ganay with State Of Rest on Sunday.
Aidan runs Galileo filly Thoughts Of June, whilst once-raced unbeaten three-year-olds Night Battle and Hello Jumeirah look the most likely dangers.
- Abramovich’s attempts to regain £1.5bn loan putting Chelsea sale at risk
- Papers: Adeyemi rejects huge Man Utd offer in favour of Dortmund
- Klopp: Feels like reaching first CL final | Salah: I want Real Madrid!
- Transfer Centre LIVE! Crystal Palace keen on Wan-Bissaka reunion
- Explaining Merc’s F1 crisis: What’s gone wrong? Will Hamilton stay?
- CL hits and misses: Diaz is Liverpool’s game-changer
- News: Lingard posts cryptic image after Brentford win
- Can Ancelotti see off City to enter history books again?
- Where could each Premier League team finish?
- ‘He’s No 1, I’ve got a metal hip’ – Murray on match with Djokovic
Also on the card, the Lily Agnes Conditions Stakes (1:30) will see some of the quickest two-year-olds this season sprint around the Roodee turns over five furlongs, with Absolutely Flawless, Star Of Lady M and Ocean Cloud all defending unbeaten records.
Follow Sky Sports Racing on Twitter
See the latest horse racing news, interviews and features from Sky Sports Racing
Hugo Palmer – who now trains out of Michael Owen’s Manor House Stables – runs Glorious Angel.
Palmer’s Ever Given looks to have a favourite’s chance in the Deepbridge Handicap (3:40), carrying top weight under Danny Tudhope.
For jumping fans, Newton Abbot has a valuable card on show from 1:15, with plenty of well-known stars including Emitom, Rouge Vif and Hang In There.
Watch every race from Chester, Fontwell and Newton Abbot live on Sky Sports Racing (Sky 415 | Virgin 535) on Wednesday May 3.