for George Boughey team />
George Boughey is targeting a return to the Rowley Mile with his 1000 Guineas heroine Cachet.
The daughter of Aclaim was a neck winner of the first fillies’ Classic of the season at Newmarket in May and was only beaten a head by Mangoustine in the French equivalent at ParisLongchamp.
She could only finish fifth behind Inspiral in the Coronation Stakes at Royal Ascot last month, beaten six and a quarter lengths, and Boughey believes his stable star deserves a mid-season break before returning in the autumn, with the Sun Chariot Stakes earmarked as a possible race for her return.
- All roads lead to the Arc for Saint-Cloud heroine Alpinista
- Vadeni grabs Eclipse victory for Rouget and Soumillon
Watch the King George on Sky Sports Racing
Don't miss the King George and Queen Elizabeth Stakes from Ascot on Saturday 23 July on Sky Sports Racing
Boughey said: “She is good. It is a long year. She peaked in the Breeders’ Cup last year and had a break in July as a two-year-old – and we are going to give her a break.
“She will probably come back for a Sun Chariot, possibly a Foret, possibly a Breeders’ Cup.
- Transfer Centre LIVE! Ronaldo, Antony, De Jong latest
- British GP: Epic race as Sainz takes maiden win after Zhou’s big crash LIVE!
- Sainz wins incredible British GP | Hamilton third, Max woe, Zhou in huge crash
- Kohli falls to Stokes, Root claims catch on the rebound LIVE!
- Zhou and Albon escape major injuries after alarming British GP crash
- Papers: Ajax’s Antony to replace Ronaldo if he leaves Man Utd
- Wimbledon: Norrie wins with Djokovic to come after Watson bows out LIVE!
- Man Utd transfer rumours: Eriksen offered £150k a week | De Vrij a top target
- Arrests made as people removed from track during British GP
- Ronaldo wants to leave this summer | Man Utd insist forward is not for sale
“She is in good shape, but you sort of sacrifice some targets now for bigger targets at the end of the year.”
Follow Sky Sports Racing on Twitter
See the latest horse racing news, interviews and features from Sky Sports Racing
While the one-mile Sun Chariot could see her clash with impressive Duke Of Cambridge winner Saffron Beach, who looks set to defend her crown, she could also face her Ascot conqueror again.
“It might be quite hard to beat Inspiral, watching her work the other morning,” Boughey added.
“But Cachet is a very good horse on the Rowley Mile and I think we will bring her back there.”