Rangers have signed Rabbi Matondo from Schalke on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
Matondo becomes the fourth signing of the summer for Rangers as Giovanni van Bronckhorst looks to add to the squad that won the Scottish Cup but finished as runners-up in the Premiership and Europa League last season.
The winger said: “I am absolutely buzzing to have signed for a club as big as Rangers. I am just looking forward to getting on the pitch at Ibrox in front of the amazing fans we have here at Rangers and I am excited.
- Download the Sky Sports app
- Summer window 2022: Done deals
- Scottish Premiership done deals
“This is a big club with a massive history and I just want to create more memories and more history here at the club.”
Matondo joined Schalke from Manchester City in January 2019 but scored just two goals in 31 appearances for the German club.
- Transfer Centre: Kane, Ronaldo, Silva LIVE!
- Rampant Man Utd thrash Liverpool on Ten Hag debut
- Man Utd comfortable in De Jong pursuit | Eriksen deal ‘progressing positively’
- Chelsea in talks to sign Napoli defender Koulibaly
- India cruising towards victory target of 111 against England LIVE!
- How will Chelsea line up this season?
- Brundle: Leclerc ousts restrained Max | Which stewards’ calls were right?
- Former F1 race director Masi leaves FIA
- Papers: Chelsea interested in Gnabry
- Man Utd transfer rumours: Free agent Dybala on Ten Hag’s radar
The 21-year-old spent the 2021/22 season on loan at Cercle Brugge, where he scored 10 goals in 27 games as the Belgian side finished 10th in the regular season.
Matondo – who began his career at Cardiff – also has 11 caps for Wales.
Due to your consent preferences, you’re not able to view this.
Open Privacy Options
Van Bronckhorst said: “I’m really pleased to welcome Rabbi to Rangers. I spoke last week about my desire to add more attacking quality to my squad and we all believe Rabbi will do that.
“He will bring many strong attributes to the team and I am really looking forward to seeing him in training this afternoon for the first time.”
Ross Wilson, Rangers’ sporting director, added: “We have been quietly working to secure Rabbi’s signature for the last few weeks since the June internationals finished.
“We wanted to invest in a wide player this summer and we are excited with what Rabbi will bring to our group, with his speed and his general style of play.
“At 21 years old there’s lots more to come from Rabbi and he will be a strong investment and addition to our group.”
Follow the summer transfer window with Sky Sports
Who will be on the move this summer when the transfer window opens on June 10 and closes at 11pm on September 1?
Keep up-to-date with all the latest transfer news and rumours in our dedicated Transfer Centre blog on Sky Sports’ digital platforms. You can also catch up with the ins, outs and analysis on Sky Sports News.
Win £250,000 with Super 6!
Another Saturday, another chance to win £250,000 with Super 6. Play for free, entries by 3pm