Barnsley boss Poya Asbaghi has departed the club by mutual consent following their relegation to League One.
The Tykes have confirmed Asbaghi and assistant Ferran Sibila have left Oakwell, with academy coach Martin Devaney taking over for the rest of the season.
Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Huddersfield and Barnsley
- Huddersfield 2-1 Barnsley – report & highlights
- How the teams lined up | Match stats
- Championship fixtures | table | highlights
- Get Sky Sports
The Swede was appointed in November but was unable to save Barnsley from relegation, which was confirmed after the 2-1 defeat at Huddersfield on Friday night.
Asbaghi told the club website: “I want to thank everybody at Oakwell for their time and efforts over the last months, this of course includes players, fans and staff.
Speaking on Friday, Asbaghi said relegation is difficult to take, but he is confident the club can bounce back
“It’s been a real privilege to work in Barnsley and I wish everybody all the very best for the upcoming seasons.”
- Return of cult-hero Matip catalyst behind Liverpool’s title charge
- Fury topples Whyte with stunning Wembley KO
- How Fury beat Whyte with stunning shot at Wembley
- Papers: Ten Hag wants Eriksen | Man City snub chance to sign Pogba
- 100 Club: Cristiano Ronaldo
- Transfer Centre LIVE! Rudiger makes transfer call | Pogba latest
- Q&A: Lampard on Merseyside derby, relegation battle and Dele Alli
- What next for Fury? Ngannou, AJ, Usyk, or retirement…
- Pole-sitter Verstappen vows to improve start | Leclerc seeks tyre ‘cure’
- Ten Hag focused on Ajax but spending time on Man Utd plans
Win £1million on Saturday!
Another Saturday, another chance to become a millionaire! Super 6. Play for free, entries by 3pm