Ralf Rangnick has said Paul Pogba is unlikely to feature again this season, raising the prospect that he has played his last game for Manchester United ahead of his contract expiring at the end of the season.
Pogba was forced off in the early stages of United’s 4-0 drubbing at the hands of Liverpool at Anfield on Tuesday, and Rangnick revealed the France midfielder faces at least four weeks on the sidelines.
United’s final game of the season is at Crystal Palace on May 22, meaning the France international faces ending his six-year spell at Old Trafford with a whimper.
- Download the Sky Sports app | Get Sky Sports
Ahead of United’s trip to Arsenal on Saturday, Rangnick revealed: “Paul, as it seems after the scan we did, it’s very unlikely he will play until the end of the season.
“The doctor told me it will take four weeks minimum for him to recover. Since the last game is the end of May, I don’t think it is very likely he will be able to play again.”
- Transfer Centre LIVE! Has Pogba played his last game for Man Utd?
- Wet F1 Practice at Imola before Friday Qualifying LIVE!
- Rangnick: Pogba unlikely to play again | Ronaldo back for Arsenal trip
- Hamilton confirms Chelsea bid as ‘one of greatest opportunities’
- Salah on Liverpool contract: Money isn’t everything
- Neville: Before trophies, Ten Hag must restore Man Utd pride
- Klopp ‘didn’t expect’ quadruple bid | Everton clash mustn’t go ‘over the top’
- Papers: Real eye Newcastle’s Guimaraes
- Friday qualifying and TWO races | New Imola schedule as Sprint returns
- PL Predictions: Arsenal win, Tottenham slip?
There was better news for United ahead of their game at Arsenal – which could have huge ramifications on both sides’ chances of finishing in the top four – with Cristiano Ronaldo available to return to the side.
The 37-year-old had been given leave following the death of his new-born son, but he returned to training earlier this week and Rangnick said he is in contention to feature at the Emirates.
Current Manchester United interim boss Ralf Rangnick discusses the Red Devils’ new managerial appointment of Erik ten Hag and just what the Dutchman can bring to Old Trafford.
More to follow….
This is a breaking news story that is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh this page for the latest updates.
Sky Sports brings you live updates as they happen. Get breaking sports news, analysis, exclusive interviews, replays and highlights.
Sky Sports is your trusted source for breaking sports news headlines and live updates. Watch live coverage of your favourite sports: Football, F1, Boxing, Cricket, Golf, Tennis, Rugby League, Rugby Union, NFL, Darts, Netball and get the latest transfers news, results, scores and more.
Visit skysports.com or the Sky Sports App for all the breaking sports news headlines. You can receive push notifications from the Sky Sports app for the latest news from your favourite sports and you can also follow @SkySportsNews on Twitter to get the latest updates.
Win £1million on Saturday!
Another Saturday, another chance to become a millionaire! Super 6. Play for free, entries by 3pm