Emily Upjohn and Nashwa give John and Thady Gosden a strong hand in the Tattersalla Musidora Stakes.
The York feature on Wednesday has attracted eight entries – and both of the Gosden runners are prominent in the Cazoo Oaks market. Emily Upjohn is behind only Tuesday in the Epsom betting, having made a most impressive reappearance at Sandown last month.
Her stablemate looked equally good in powering home at Haydock under Hollie Doyle in the colours of Imad Al Sagar.
- Ameynah team considering her options after Guineas outing
- Changingoftheguard books Derby ticket with Chester Vase win
Chester May Festival LIVE!
Watch every race of the Chester May Festival live on Sky Sports Racing, Wednesday May 4 to Friday May 6
Remarkably the Musidora is a race Aidan O’Brien has won just once, with that victory coming through Snowfall 12 months ago. His representative on the Knavesmire this year is set to be The Algarve, who won a Gowran Park maiden on her final start at two.
Luna Dorada was a possible for the Lingfield Oaks Trial this weekend, but connections of the Ralph Beckett-trained filly look to have opted for York, where she won a novice event on her only juvenile outing.
- What went wrong for Man City?
- Transfer Centre LIVE! Saints expecting Ward-Prowse stay
- Pep: Defeat tough to take | Carlo: Real’s history keeps us going
- Papers: Lingard in talks with PSG, Juve and Newcastle
- Liverpool unveil new home shirt for 22/23 season
- Chester Festival LIVE: Moore lands double with Star Of India
- Four minutes of madness: How Man City blew it
- Ex-Crawley player alleges dressing room was segregated on racial grounds
- McLaren’s battle back to glory: Can they challenge F1’s elite?
- Merc’s F1’s crisis: What’s gone wrong? What’s the latest with Hamilton?
The all-conquering Charlie Appleby and William Buick are set to team up with Newbury scorer Life Of Dreams, another in single figures for Epsom.
David Simcock has given the engagement to Ching Shih, with Mukaddamah (Roger Varian) and Ottilien (David Menuisier) completing the possibles.
Follow Sky Sports Racing on Twitter
See the latest horse racing news, interviews and features from Sky Sports Racing
Varian enters Dragon Symbol in Duke of York
A total of 17 have been left in the 1895 Duke of York Clipper Logistics Stakes, including Dragon Symbol.
The Cable Bay colt was involved in all the top sprints last year, finishing first in the Commonwealth Cup only to be demoted to second behind Campanelle following a stewards’ enquiry. He was also the runner-up in the July Cup and was third in the Nunthorpe. He has since left Archie Watson and will be having his first run for Roger Varian.
Campanelle and Dragon Symbol (right) battle it out in the Commonwealth Cup at Royal Ascot
Minzaal would be a fascinating contender for Owen Burrows in the Shadwell colours. A top-notch two-year-old, he was off the track until October when returning at Ascot, where the second of two runs saw him finish a fine third in the British Champions Sprint.
Globetrotting filly Happy Romance is in contention for Richard Hannon, with recent Newmarket winner Umm Kulthum carrying the hopes of Richard Fahey.