Manchester United are close to completing a move for Feyenoord defender Tyrell Malacia.
United are in the process of agreeing personal terms and Malacia could have a medical as early as the weekend – with the club confident of finalising the move in the coming days.
A package worth around an initial £13m, with a further £1.7m in add-ons and a potential sell-on clause was agreed with Feyenoord for the left-back earlier this week.
- Transfer Centre LIVE! | Man Utd transfer rumours
- Summer transfer window done deals
- Done deals | Premier League ins and outs
United accelerated their interest in Malacia in an attempt to beat Lyon to a deal and the Dutch club recently confirmed a fee had been agreed.
Malacia fits the profile of player the Dutchman wants at Old Trafford and he shares an agency – HCM Sports Management – with Frenkie de Jong; the club’s premier target this summer. The same agency also represents Donny van de Beek and Victor Lindelof.
- Transfer Centre LIVE! Fulham target Bailly, Newcastle confirm Botman
- England vs Israel goes to extra time in U19 Euros final LIVE!
- Carra: Liverpool right to bend wage structure for ‘legend’ Salah
- United close in on Malacia | Martinez talks continue | Fulham want Bailly
- Salah signs new three-year Liverpool deal | ‘I’m excited to win more trophies’
- Man Utd transfer rumours: What’s the hold up in the De Jong deal?
- Piquet used perceived homophobic slur in reference to Hamilton, footage shows
- India rally as remarkable Pant century leaves England stunned
- Hamilton embraces Merc improvement at ‘hair-raising’ Silverstone
- Spurs complete £60m Richarlison deal | ‘Difficult to say goodbye to Everton’
Utd hopeful of Ajax deal for Martinez
United are hopeful they can agree a price with Ajax for Lisandro Martinez (left)
Manchester United, meanwhile, continue positive talks with Ajax over the signing of defender Lisandro Martinez.
United are hopeful they can come to an agreement over a price.
It is thought Martinez would be keen on a move to Old Trafford to once again work with Erik ten Hag.
Arsenal are also very interested in Martinez and were expected to bid for him.
Fulham target Utd defender Bailly
Eric Bailly has emerged as a target for Fulham
Fulham want to sign Eric Bailly and have approached United about the defender’s availability.
The newly-promoted side want a season-long loan with the option to buy.
- Why Ronaldo is likely to stay at Ten Hag’s Man Utd
- Get Sky Sports | Download the Sky Sports app
Sky Sports News has been told Manchester United are open to doing business on Bailly, but would prefer a sale – or at least a loan with an obligation to buy.
The 28-year-old signed a contract extension last year and is due to remain at the club until 2024.
Sky Sports News understands that prior to signing the extension, Bailly feared that the club were offering him a new contract in order to secure a larger transfer fee in the event of his departure.
Follow the summer transfer window with Sky Sports
Who will be on the move this summer before the transfer window closes at 11pm on September 1?
Keep up-to-date with all the latest transfer news and rumours in our dedicated Transfer Centre blog on Sky Sports’ digital platforms. You can also catch up with the ins, outs and analysis on Sky Sports News.
Win £250,000 with Super 6!
Another Saturday, another chance to win £250,000 with Super 6. Play for free, entries by 3pm