The in-form combo of William Haggas and Tom Marquand look to have an excellent chance of further Group success at Newcastle this evening with My Astra, live on Sky Sports Racing.
The four-year-old filly earnt a rating of 115 after a visually stunning 12-length demolition of a decent Listed field at Ayr last time out, and now steps up to Group level for the G3 Hoppings Fillies’ Stakes (7:10) on the All-Weather surface at Gosforth Park.
That race is the feature on Day two of the Northumberland Plate meeting, but she will face some unexposed types including Tom Clover’s Rogue Millennium, who lost her unbeaten record in the Oaks earlier this month.
Other interesting contenders include Sir Michael Stoute’s Potapova, Angel Power and Ralph Beckett’s Moon De Vega, one place behind Rogue Millennium in the Oaks.
- Tuesday tops eight contenders for Irish Derby crown
- Trueshan shoulders welter burden in Plate for Doyle and King
Jockey Jack Mitchell in the winners enclosure after winning the SBK Oaks Trial Fillies' Stakes aboard Rogue Millennium
Veteran sprinters do battle in Gosforth Park Cup
Also on an excellent card at Newcastle, the Gosforth Park Cup (6:35) over five furlongs is as ever an ultra-competitive heat, with 14 runners including veteran sprinters Venturous, Dakota Gold and Makanah.
- Transfer Centre LIVE! Ronaldo ready to quit Man Utd over transfer frustration
- Papers: Ajax demand £69m for Man Utd target Antony
- Eriksen choosing between Man Utd and Brentford
- Horner fears F1 title fight ending in court due to cost cap
- Arsenal transfer rumours: Gunners in three-way race for Brazilian trio
- Paulo Banchero selected No 1 in NBA Draft | GB’s Jeremy Sochan picked up by Spurs
- Man Utd transfer rumours: De Jong asking price still out of reach
- Chelsea transfer rumours: Blues favourites to land Neymar
- Barcelona bid £34.4m for Lewandowski but ‘unlikely to be enough’
- Juventus reach agreement to sign Pogba
Another that will no doubt relish this challenge is Tim Easterby’s Copper Knight, who won this event in 2018.
Trio of tracks to accompany Newcastle action
On a stellar day of action on Sky Sports Racing, cards at Doncaster, Yarmouth and Chester all feature several quality races including some intriguing novice heats with potential stars of the future on show.
The Yorkshire venue has arguably the best race on show as the classy Vintage Choice heads to Town Moor for Haggas, with James Doyle in the saddle for the feature Norfolk Bridge Works Handicap (2:45).
Northumberland Plate live on Sky Sports Racing
Watch every race from all three days of the Northumberland Plate meeting at Newcastle live on Sky Sports Racing from Thursday June 23 to Saturday June 25
He faces just four rivals, including Nietzsche’s Star who is chasing a hat-trick for the Andrew Balding team as well as handicap debutant Maytree Respite (William Muir and Chris Grassick).
Watch every race from Newcastle, Doncaster, Chester and Yarmouth live on Sky Sports Racing on Friday, June 24.