Homeless Songs ran out a hugely impressive winner of the Tattersalls Irish 1,000 Guineas at the Curragh.
Successful in the Group Three trial for this race at Leopardstown in early April, the Moyglare Stud Farm-owned filly was an 11-2 chance to provide Dermot Weld with a fifth victory in the race in the hands of Chris Hayes.
For a long way it looked like Aidan O’Brien’s 11-4 favourite Tuesday, third in the 1000 Guineas at Newmarket, was in the prime position and she moved to the lead in the home straight.
But having been ridden with restraint, Homeless Songs moved effortlessly into contention and found another gear once popped the question to quickly leave her rivals trailing in her wake.
Latest Racing Stories
The daughter of Frankel passed the post with five and a half lengths in hand, with Tuesday just beating her stablemate Concert Hall to the runner-up spot.
- Liverpool level vs Wolves | Burnley behind, Leeds goal ruled out LIVE!
- Spanish GP: Red Bulls one-two after Leclerc retires LIVE!
- Verstappen wins thrilling Spanish GP after Leclerc DNF
- Download the Sky Sports App
- Transfer Centre LIVE! Arsenal, Newcastle and West Ham chasing Broja?
- Mbappe confirms stay at PSG | LaLiga to file complaint over ‘scandalous’ deal
- Premier League table as it stands
- Premier League top goalscorers 2021/22
- PGA Championship: Pereira leads on final day LIVE!
- Premier League Final Day: What’s still to play for?