Tottenham are set for further talks this week over the signing of Middlesbrough defender Djed Spence.
Chairman Daniel Levy is understood to be personally leading the club’s pursuit of the England U21 right-back, leaving Fabio Paratici to concentrate on other targets.
Initial talks between Spurs and Boro were not successful in finding an agreement, with the north London club indicating they believe his worth to be in excess of £10m.
Boro, however, want at least £15m plus add-ons – so the conversation did not go further.
- Transfer Centre LIVE! | Paper Talk
- Done deals | Premier League ins and outs
- Download the Sky Sports App | Get Sky Sports
Spurs remain keen, however, and are discussing their next approach, with the player also determined to join Antonio Conte’s squad.
- Transfer Centre LIVE! Mane arrives in Munich for Bayern medical
- Papers: Man Utd close on Antony | Chelsea join Richarlison race
- Four-time major winner Koepka to join LIV Golf
- Man Utd make initial contact for Eriksen | ‘No panic over transfer strategy’
- Arsenal transfer rumours: Gunners readying £50m Raphinha bid
- Brundle: Max masterclass bolsters title defence | Are Merc really back?
- Newcastle in talks with Burnley over Pope deal
- Man Utd transfer rumours: United bullish on De Jong bid
- Liverpool transfer rumours: Keita offered to Inter in Barella deal
- Tottenham set to continue Spence pursuit | Levy leading chase
Tottenham – as a club – want to bring in more young English talent this summer to backup and develop under their more senior players.
George Elek and Ali Maxwell from the Not The Top 20 Podcast assessed Djed Spence during his Nottingham Forest loan spell as one of their 21 Under 21 stars of the EFL
Follow the summer transfer window with Sky Sports
Who will be on the move this summer before the transfer window closes at 11pm on September 1.
Keep up-to-date with all the latest transfer news and rumours in our dedicated Transfer Centre blog on Sky Sports’ digital platforms. You can also catch up with the ins, outs and analysis on Sky Sports News.
Win £250,000 with Super 6!
Another Saturday, another chance to win £250,000 with Super 6. Play for free, entries by 3pm